Following the recent devastation in Texas from Hurricane Harvey, Calvary wants to help in the relief of those communities affected and we’d love for you to be a part of that. Having gone through flooding in Lyons and Longmont four years ago, we have a good idea of the struggles many people are dealing with in the south. Through the flooding here we realized what it was like to suffer and feel broken and over time see things continually being made new. Now is a perfect time for us to live out the rest of our vision statement of overflowing with gratitude and poured out for others.
Here are a couple ways you can get involved in Hurricane Harvey Relief:
- Click here to give an online donation to Harvey relief efforts
- Leave a donation in the offering plate (include “Hurricane Harvey” on the check memo line and/or on the offering envelope)(both online and offering donations will be tax deductible)
Serve in Texas
- We are going to send a team to Texas to help the South Texas Coastal Bend Area in their recovery from the flood. We are looking to send a team in about six months when some of the help they are receiving now starts to decline. We are hoping to work with Convoy of Hope and/or Calvary Relief who both worked a lot with Calvary for flood relief in 2013.
- Click here to let us know if you are interested in learning more about this mission trip
- Click here to let us know of other ways you think Calvary could be involved in Hurricane Harvey relief (ex: leading or being a part of a one-time prayer meeting