Calvary is actively seeking God to provide key leaders to join our team. Please see below for our current job openings and click on the job title to apply.
Worship Leader / Pastor
Calvary Church is seeking a Worship Leader / Pastor that will work closely with the Lead Pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our church family and our community to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit. This type of leadership should come from the overflow of the life of a committed Christ-follower, demonstrated by a humble and courageous spirit. Fostering dynamic, participatory, congregational worship, celebrating the best of the past and the best of the new, are key priorities for our church.
- Serving as a member of the Staff Leadership Team at Calvary, being an engaged, committed, passionate team member developing worship ministries in alignment with the mission of Calvary to bless and transform lives and communities through the Gospel of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Building on Calvary’s traditions while developing a vision for where God might be calling our church and our worship teams to grow in new expressions of worship.
- Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – through creating worship experiences that draws people in, encourages participation, and invites people into a deeper relationship with Jesus through all the seasons of life from celebration to lamentation.
- Planning and preparing for worship services. (Currently there are two identical Sunday morning services). Designing worship elements and selecting “psalms, hymns and spiritual songs” that engages the congregation and supports the preaching of God’s Word.
- Leading rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for worship services and (B) cultivation of a Christ-centered discipling community of worshippers.
- Recruiting, shepherding, teaching, and training volunteer leaders, musicians, vocalists, and artists from inside and outside the church to serve the congregation and the community as a team with skill and humility.
- Developing and administering an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
- Overseeing and assisting in the planning and implementing of special or seasonal worship events outside of Sunday worship services.
- Overseeing the AV/Production team staff and volunteers.
- Overseeing and developing other worship staff and worship ministries at Calvary.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- A clear calling to sacrificial leadership of Christ’s people and a demonstrable heart for the lost, expressed in a life and reputation consistent with that calling.
- Gifted in leading participatory congregational worship with five years of experience and proven organizational skills.
- Bachelor degree from accredited institution, music or worship arts emphasis preferred.
- Strong, positive interpersonal chemistry with Calvary’s lead staff coupled with a passion lead and develop God’s people specifically in worship arts.
- Equipped in sound doctrine and able to communicate truths from God’s Word.
- Highly skilled in at least one instrument (guitar, piano or keyboard preferred) with the ability to read music. Proficiency in other instruments is a plus.
- Proficiency in vocal pedagogy, coaching and directing for soloists and ensembles. Experience in choral direction is a plus.
- Experience as a producer, including planning, organizing, sourcing, rehearsing and presenting worship events using visual arts, sound and lighting systems. Experience in creative arts such as writing songs or scripts is a plus.
- Direct report to the Lead Pastor
- Full-time, salaried, exempt
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health & Dental Insurance for entire family
- 403(b) retirement program available
- Vacation and holiday days